iDNAfication - Solve
mysteries using forensic techniques.
SWBIC Educational Resources
Educational Activities & Materials
>> Educational Activities & Materials
Class Activities & Materials
ABO Blood Group - A classroom activity intended
to familiarize students with human red blood cells, antibodies, and blood
Transcription and Translation Visual Exercises
- Quiz-type exercises that provide hands-on experience for students to
visualize and fully understand the importance of replication, transcription
DNA Fingerprinting: Analysis of Crime Scene DNA
- This exercise examines DNA fingerprinting techniques used for
identification, to compare the DNA of a crime suspect to those samples
found at the crime scene.
Enzymes and Laundry Detergent
- A laboratory activity which allows students to investigate the effectiveness
of enzymes in laundry detergents.
Watch an Enzyme Work
- A hands-on activity examining protease enzymes as they catalyze proteins
into amino acids.
Wheat Germ DNA Isolation Experiment
- This activity will answer the following questions: where is DNA located,
how can DNA be isolated, can DNA been seen with the naked eye, and what does
DNA look like?
Atoms, Ions, and Isotopes
- A webquest and short review of atoms, ions, and isotopes.
Biome WebQuest - The purpose of this
webquest is to explore the characteristics of biomes.
Blood-Brain Barrier Outline
- This webquest is designed to introduce the phenomenon of the blood-brain
Enzyme Unit Plan - A webquest designed
to provide an understanding of the role of enzymes.
Exploring Cellular Respiration
- A Socratic webquest exploring the process of cellular respiration in
- A Socratic webquest which explores photosynthesis in organisms and the